Saturday, December 03, 2005

Cover Her Face by P.D. James

Sally, an apparently universally despised unwed mother, is hired as a maid by a slightly dysfunctional family and then found strangled in her bed one morning. Chief Inspector Adam Dalgliesh is called in to unravel the mystery of who killed Sally.

This was just an "OK" book... a good mystery that kept me guessing, but there was a curious detached feeling to the writing and characterization. I didn't really care about or feel for anyone in this book, not even the detective, Adam Dalgliesh. I'm not sure I have much more to say about it! P.D. James is a good enough writer to keep me reading even if the story is not particularly compelling, which this one really wasn't.

Other books I've read by this author:

Shroud for a Nightingale

No comments: