Saturday, May 08, 2010

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

After reading "Under Heaven", I wanted some time to mull it over and so it was perfect that I had the latest Sophie Kinsella book waiting on my shelf. I know I can always count on Kinsella to deliver some fun reading material that isn't likely to crowd all other thoughts out of my head.

Twenties Girl features Lara Lington, whose life is rudely disrupted by the ghost of her recently-deceased aunt. Aunt Sadie's ghost is irritatingly persistent and for some reason Lara is the only one who can see her. Eventually Lara agrees to help track down a necklace that ghostly Sadie is obsessed with finding, a necklace which turns out to be a clue to a very big family secret.

Twenties Girl was classic Sophie Kinsella - a ditzy heroine who you spend most of the book wanting to shake, but you can't help liking; a budding romance; a fluffy but enjoyable story. I have to admit that this book took a little time to grow on me and wasn't as instantly enjoyable as some of Kinsella's other work, but I stuck with it and finally about 100 pages in I found myself laughing out loud and wondering what would happen next.

I'm looking forward to the next installment of the Shopaholic series which is due out later this year!

No comments: