Friday, January 01, 2010

The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest by Stieg Larsson

Wow. When I got an email advising me that my name was up for this book at the library (thanks very much to my local librarians for ordering the UK edition and not making me wait for the release of the American edition in May!!) it completely made my month.

This was a fantastic conclusion to one of the best trilogies I've read in years. It jumps right in where book two (The Girl who Played with Fire) left off, and events continue to escalate. I am so glad that I was on winter break and could afford to ignore the world so that I could immerse myself in watching the story of Lisbeth Salander unfold.

I am not going to try to condense this novel without giving away plot points, but if you enjoy an interesting mystery with unusual characters and aren't put off by the occasional unpronouncable Swedish words, I'd suggest you get your hands on this trilogy and clear your calendar.

No comments: