Friday, February 29, 2008

Megatokyo books 1-3 by Fred Gallagher and (somewhat) by Rodney Caston

So, a friend of ours loaned us this webcomic in 'analog form' because apparently he's been a fan of the series for ages, and yet we'd never heard of it. Shocking!

I read through the first three books pretty quickly and I thought it was cute, though not a whole heck of a lot happens in those first books. These two guys, Piro (a quiet, shy nerdy guy) and Largo (a kind of paranoid leet geek) end up flying to Japan on a whim and then don't have any money to go home. So they stay there, and meet some Japanese people, and have random adventures.

I'll keep reading this series because I hear it gets into a more interesting and involved story once you get to books 4 and 5. But so far, like I said, not much has happened. I also can't tell apart the female characters, except for Ping, who has these battery pack things coming out of the back of her head (she's a prototype game controller for dating sim games. If you don't know what this is, don't ask. LOL)

No comments: